Information from G Adventures
Spot wildlife, explore Incan culture and marvel at the mystery of the Nazca Lines - this tour of Peru’s highlights is perfect for those wishing to explore its cultural and historical treasures. Meet the vibrant local people of Lake Titicaca and delight in views of the Sacred Valley in comfort as you travel by rail to Machu Picchu. Taking the train will allow you lots of time to explore ruins, museums and markets. With years of experience, we directly employ the best local guides so that you’re free to enjoy the beauty of the region and its people.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Hands-On Moment: Pachamanca, Nazca Your Discover Moment: Cusco
- Arrival transfer
- Ballestas Islands boat trip
- Visit to the Chauchilla cemetery and potter's workshop in Nazca
- Arequipa city tour including the Santa Catalina Convent
- Guided boat tour of Taquile and Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca
- Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with visit to a G Adventures-supported women's weaving project and lunch at the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village
- Scenic train and guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Encounter unique wildlife in paracas national park and the ballestas islands
- Walk in the mysterious nazca desert and view pre-incan mummies
- Explore a historic convent in the colonial city of arequipa
- Walk through ancient ruins and local villages in the sacred valley
- Taste the difference at a community-run restaurant
- Relax and take in stunning views on the train to machu picchu
Day 1: Lima Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Lima/Paracas Travel to Paracas National Park. Relax in this sleepy seaside town and sample Peru's national drink, the Pisco Sour.
Day 3: Paracas/Nazca Visit the Ballestas Islands by boat to view sea lion colonies, penguins, and other bird life. Continue south in the afternoon to Nazca with a stop at the Huacachina sand dunes and oasis.
Day 4: Nazca Tour a pre-Inca cemetery in the Nazca desert to view 1,500-year-old mummies, bones, and pottery on the desert floor. Also visit a local pottery studio for a demonstration. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Pachamanca-style dinner. Option to take a flight over the mysterious Nazca Lines.
Day 5: Nazca/Arequipa Full day of driving down the coast to the colonial city of Arequipa.
Day 6: Arequipa Enjoy a city tour, including a visit to the historic convent of Santa Catalina. Enjoy free time to explore the city and surroundings.
Day 7: Arequipa/Cusco Fly to Cusco and explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 8: Cusco/Urubamba Full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley with guided hikes at ruins and a visit to a G Adventures-supported women's weaving project in a local community. Enjoy lunch at the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village.
Day 9: Urubamba/Aguas Calientes Travel by train and enjoy stunning scenery following the Urubamba Valley to Aguas Calientes. Option to visit the local hot springs and market.
Day 10: Aguas Calientes/Cusco Guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu and optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco by train.
Day 11: Cusco Enjoy the day at leisure with option to visit the many museums and ruins in and around Cusco. More active options include cycling, rafting, or rock climbing.
Day 12: Cusco/Puno Take in scenic views while travelling through the high Altiplano region to Puno.
Day 13: Puno Enjoy a guided boat tour of Lake Titicaca visiting the floating Islands of Uros and Taquile. Option to visit the Sillustani burial site.
Day 14: Puno/Lima Fly to Lima for the final night. Option to visit museums or enjoy free time to explore.
Day 15: Lima Depart at any time.