Information from G Adventures
If you’re looking for the perfect combination of land and river, this adventure is for you. Once you’re on board our comfortable Amazon riverboat, you’ll experience a unique once-in-a-lifetime cruise – including exotic wildlife, local culture and more! But it doesn’t stop there – after the jungle, Machu Picchu awaits. The “lost city of the Incas” will provide majestic ruins and striking views of the Peruvian mountain. Choose to take part in an optional 1-day hike up the Inca Trail, or if you prefer something a little more relaxing, there’s always the chance to enjoy the train.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Wellness Moment: Local Shaman Visit, Pacaya Samiria National Reserve Your Local Living Moment: Local Indigenous Family Visit, Pacaya Samiria National Reserve Your Hands-On Moment: Piranha Fishing, Pacaya Samiria National Reserve Your Discover Moment: Lima Your Discover Moment: Cusco
- Arrival transfer
- 6 nts aboard the Amatista Amazon riverboat
- Canopy walkway excursion in Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve
- Sacred Valley tour (2-day)
- Visit to a G Adventures-supported women's weaving project and lunch at the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village
- Scenic train and guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore the pacaya-samiria national reserve – the largest national park in peru
- Spot pink dolphins on the amazon river
- Explore ancient ruins off the beaten path in the sacred valley
- Visit local villages and the g adventures-supported women's weaving co-op
- Take in mountain views on the scenic train to machu picchu
Day 1: Lima Arrive at any time (arrival transfer included).
Day 2: Lima/Río Marañon Fly to Iquitos. Take a city orientation tour and visit a manatee rescue centre. Transfer to the boat and cast off onto the Amazon River.
Day 3: Río Marañon/Río Ucayali Begin to explore with a boat excursion on the Amazon River and some of its tributaries to see the wonders of the rainforest. After lunch, enjoy a presentation on the Amazon River then walk along the shores of the Ucayali River.
Day 4: Río Ucayali/Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve Take a morning skiff excursion into the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve for more wildlife viewing. In the afternoon, visit a village to meet a local shaman and discover the mystical world of spiritual healing.
Day 5: Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve Today get off the boat and meet a local family, enjoy a home cooked meal and experience the Indigenous culture. At night take a boat to go search for wildlife that comes active after dark.
Day 6: Pacaya Samiria National Reserve Take a trip to explore Choroyacu, go piranha fishing, and explore the mangroves in a dugout canoe. Opt to go swimming in the Amazon. In the evening, go on another night wildlife excursion.
Day 7: Pacaya Samiria National Reserve/Iquitos Return to Iquitos with en-route stops at the Sapisapi River and the port town of Nauta.
Day 8: Iquitos/Lima Disembark at Iquitos. Transfer to the airport for the flight back to Lima. Free afternoon to explore the capital of Peru.
Day 9: Lima Enjoy a free day in the Peruvian capital also known as the 'City of Kings'. Take an optional city tour, visit one of the many museums, or enjoy the fresh seafood in one of the cities many restaurants.
Day 10: Lima/Urubamba Board an early flight to Cusco then on to the Sacred Valley to visit the Ccaccaccollo community and Planeterra-sponsored Women's Weaving Co-op, explore the Pisac ruins and visit the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco.
Day 11: Urubamba Visit the pre-Incan salt pans of Las Salineras and tour the Ollantaytambo and Moray ruins. Enjoy a traditional Pachamanca-style meal of local specialities.
Day 12: Urubamba/Aguas Calientes Catch an early transfer to Ollantaytambo station and board the scenic train to Aguas Calientes with option to visit the market.
Day 13: Aguas Calientes/Cusco Enjoy a guided tour of the Machu Picchu ruins. Free time to explore on your own or take an optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco by train.
Day 14: Cusco Explore Cusco's historic streets, museums and local markets. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Day 15: Cusco/Lima Fly back to Lima and spend an afternoon in Peru's bustling capital.
Day 16: Lima Depart at any time.