Nuevo sol (S)
Budget: Less than S190
- Inexpensive hotel room or dorm bed: S28–165
- Set lunches: less than S15; supermarkets have takeout
- Entry fee to historic sights: average S10
- Double room in midrange hotel: S85–435
- Main dish at midrange restaurant: S40
- Group tours: from S120
Top End: More than S650
- Double room in top-end hotel: from S250–435
- Private city tour: from S200 per person
- Fine restaurant dinner: from S60
Bargaining is the norm at street stalls and markets, where it’s cash only.
There are money changers and ATMs on streets east of the Plaza de Armas. Global ATMs are easy to find in most areas frequented by travelers, including inside the Casona Santa Catalina complex, the bus terminal and the airport. ATM fees charged by each bank vary but are roughly S20 per transaction.
Both BCP and Interbank exchange US traveler’s checks.
BCP Has a Visa ATM and changes US dollars.
Interbank Has a GlobalNet ATM that accepts most international cards.