Information from Viator
Rainbow Mountain Trek start at 4:30am until 19:00 Vinicunca, also called Montaña de Siete Colores, Montaña de Colores or Rainbow Mountain is a mountain in Peru with an altitude of 5,200 meters above sea level. It is located in the Andes of Peru, in the Cusco Region.
We will pick up you from your hotel in Cusco between 04:00 – 04:30 am, then we will drive south east from towards the mountains. The drive will take around 3 hours until arriving to Hanchipacha community (4168 m / 13754 ft.) where we will stop for breakfast. After breakfast we will continue by car for 15 more minutes to Quesiuno community (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.), This is where we are going to start the hike of 3 - 4 hours long until the rainbow mountain (most of the way is uphill about 15 km/9.4 miles). On the way we will enjoy views of amazing landscapes, herds of alpacas and llamas, the Ausangate Mountain, lots of reddish mountains and traditional local houses.At the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.), you will have time to explore the area and take pictures; we will spend there approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the time and weather conditions). Later we will hike downhill back to the beginning; this will take about 2 hours approx. Then we will take our transportation to Hanchipacha community to have lunch. After lunch we will drive back to Cusco and drop you at your hotel at about 5 pm. Note: The route may change according to the conditions of the road, trail and guide's recommendations
- Hotel pickup "Only for hotels close to Cusco Main Square"
- Transport by private vehicle only for our group
- Private Driver " Our Driver is not the tour guide"
- Professional Tour guide, license by the peruvian authorities.
- Drop off close to main square
What's not included
- Entrance Fees Will vary according age and Student cards "payment is directly in the entrance", our tour guide will help to purchase it.