Get a free travel insurance quote
- Get comprehensive travel insurance to cover theft, loss and medical problems, ambulances, emergency flights and more.
- Buy, extend and claim your worldwide travel insurance online anytime – even if you’re already on the road!
Paraguay presents relatively few health problems for travelers. Private hospitals are better than public hospitals, and those in Asunción, Ciudad del Este and Encarnación are the best.
- There are occasional minor outbreaks of dengue fever, but no malaria.
- Water is drinkable in the cities, but avoid it in the countryside. In the Chaco it is positively salty.
- Carry sunscreen, a hat and plenty of bottled water to avoid becoming dehydrated.
- Avoid cheap condom brands.