ATMs widely available. Credit cards accepted in most hotels and restaurants.
ATMs & Credit Cards
- ATMs in major cities and towns are connected to Visa, MasterCard and Cirrus networks but often incur usage charges (25,000G).
- Outside of the Mennonite Colonies there are no ATMs in the Chaco.
- Plastic is rarely accepted outside the major cities, and sometimes comes with a surcharge.
- Most ATMs have a daily withdrawal limit of 1,500,000G.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com
Offer a few thousand guaranies to anybody who goes out of their way to help you. It will usually be appreciated, but if it is rejected don't insist.
- Bars Not expected.
- Restaurants Between 5000G and 10,000G is considered normal on pricier meals.
- Taxi Drivers are not usually tipped.
Banknote values are 2000G, 5000G, 10,000G, 20,000G, 50,000G and 100,000G; increasingly useless coins come in denominations of 50G, 100G, 500G and 1000G. Keep plenty of change and small notes as you travel.