Information from Viator
In this tour that departs from central Panama City you will get up close with the Panama Canal and the abundance of wildlife on its shores. You will take a cruise in a boat right next to the transiting ships and visit islands in Gatun Lake that are full of wildlife.
To start this tour, you will be picked up in central Panama City and taken halfway up the Panama Canal to the town of Gamboa, where the Chagres River meets the canal. A professional bilingual guide and boat captain will be waiting for you in a spacious covered boat. During your 90-minute boat cruise you will ride along the waters of the Panama Canal right next to the ships passing through on their way to the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans. The destination is Gatun Lake, where you will cruise around islands created during the canal construction and see the abundant wildlife on their shores. You will visit the famous Monkey Islands where we can see capuchins, howlers, and tamarins in their natural habitat. The islands are situated in a world renowned tropical birding area, and along the shores you might catch glimpses of crocodiles, capybara, coati, agouti, iguanas, and much more. The tour will finish with transportation to central Panama City.
- Boat ride on the Panama Canal (90 minutes)
- Visit Monkey Island
- Driver/professional guide
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Panama Canal
- Entry/Admission - Gatun Lake
- Entry/Admission - Monkey Island
What's not included
- Food and drinks that are not water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is an eco-tour on the Panama Canal, not a transit tour. You will not visit or transit any locks.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Ideal choice for families