Information from Viator
Go in search of the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis), in the countryside around Tromsø, away from the lights of the city. Experience Norway's Arctic wilderness, and visit some of the best locations with a guide, who strives to make sure you have the experience of a lifetime. Tour is usually limited to small group to ensure an intimate and cozy experience for everyone. The group size may be 15 people or less.
Your Northern Lights hunting tour begins with pickup at the Tromsø city center. With your guide, head out to the countryside around Tromsø, or potentially cross the border into Finland if the weather conditions are better there.
When you find a nice place with clear skies, your guide will set up camp with a bonfire, where you can settle in, relax with homemade soup, and take some pictures. Sometimes you have to wait for the Aurora Borealis to appear, while other times, you may be lucky enough to enjoy the show for the whole evening. Mother Nature makes that decision for you, but your guide will make sure that you have everything else covered for an enjoyable tour.
Please dress warmly, we supply thermal suits but you must also dress appropriately for the Arctic conditions.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Vegetarian/Vegan option available, please specify in your booking if this applies to you.
- Souvenir photos (websize resolution sent by email after the tour and highest resolution available for purchase)
- Pick up at the front of the Scandic Ishavhotel, Fredrik Langes gate 2, 9008 Tromsø
- Hotel drop-off on Tromsø island only
- Thermal suits, boots hats and mittens. Please provide us with European shoe sizes (36-48) and thermal suit size (Unisex XS-XXL) in your booking notes
- The activity will be in English
What's not included
- Hotel pickup
- Seasonal Offer
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- Dinner included