Information from Viator
Our Taste of Oslo Walking Tour is a guided walking tour that aims to let you experience Oslo like a local, and sample traditional Norwegian dishes, snacks and drinks. The guide takes you through local spots and gems that are hard to come by on your own, and shows you the best of traditional Norwegian food, culture and history.Truly the best way to see the city and try traditional Norwegian food. Take a walk around the city and get to know places full of tradition, history and fun facts. See what Oslo is made of and get an enriching experience that will make your tour a lot more worthy.Obs: If you did a booking before 10th of October 2018, you still have to pay 550 Kr, this is because you only paid for the guiding services and food & drinks has to be payed once meeting the guide. 550 Kr is the price.
This four hour tour starts downtown and it will lead you to the local spots in the city with an interesting history and delicious food. Start the tour by meeting your guide who will explain you the plan and follow the tour with your first tasting spot. After a very satisfying first tasting dish you will visit a unique Bunad store. Bunads are traditional Norwegian costumes worn on special and representative days. You will than pass through the government headquarters area on your way to a small coffee shop where you will try some Norwegian waffles. You can choose between strawberry jam or brown cheese on your waffle and you will have some coffee or tea as well. We will continue our walk across one of the oldest cemeteries in Oslo to visit graves of two famous Norwegians: Henrik Ibsen and Edvard Munch. Our path leads us all the way to the food court Mathallen where you will have both cured meat tasting followed with some Norwegian meat and cheese tasting. You will enjoy couple of local Norwegian cheeses together with a brown goat cheese made like in the old days. If your wondering what a brown cheese is and how does it taste this tour is perfect for you!!!!The tour will end in the same food hall with tasting of three Norwegian beers and a traditional Scandinavian spirit, called Akvavitt or Water of life. If you haven't tried Akvavitt or even if you did, you will have to repeat it because is perfect for cold dark winter nights or fresh summer days. If you're not a fan of the beer we can offer you something else, like cider, wine or soda just bear in mind there are not Norwegian wines. Later, if you wish to explore the area on your own, this food hall is a perfect starting point. The tour has four to five stops that includes food and is very satisfying so have a light breakfast or brunch. Some months of the year, we might try different tasting locations depending on the weather or season. Obs! If you booked your tour before the 10th of October 2018 there is a chance that you might have to bring/pay the 2nd part of the tour. We updated the package prices and the amount you paid it was just the first part. Contact us if you have questions. Also check the price now and the price you paid on the date you did the booking to see the difference.By booking via Viator, you have paid ONLY for the guiding services. Once you meet the guide, you have to pay 550 Kr for the food & drink services.
- Guiding services
- Tasting at 4 different places
- Main dish. We will focus on having; reindeer, salmon and Norwegian meatballs.
- Dessert (a Norwegian waffle served with brown cheese or strawberry jam. Coffee or tea is also included if desired)
- Norwegian cheese tasting (3 local farm cheeses including the most traditional Norwegian cheese "brown cheese"
- Norwegian cured meats
- Norwegian beer tasting (3 small local beers). For those who do not drink beer, cider or wine can be arranged too.
- Tour takes a different route on Mondays, skipping the Foodhall, but with all the tastings covered
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's not included
- Please read carefully the tour information
- Hotel pickup has a price of 70 Kr (cash)
- Leave a phone number with the country code in case we need to contact you if something changes or check your Viator inbox one day before the tour starts.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All-inclusive tour
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
- Led by a local guide
- Likely to Sell Out