When to Go
High Season (Nov–Feb)
● Dry season, when humidity decreases; in December and January the dry harmattan blows in.
● December is carnival time in Calabar in eastern of Nigeria.
● Mid-October is Felebration time in Lagos, a celebration of Fela Kuti.
Shoulder (Mar & Oct)
● The rains start in the south in March.
● October is generally dry in the north; it's wetter further south.
● 1 October is independence day, with parades, parties and fireworks.
Low Season (Apr–Sep)
● Heavy rainfall, particularly intense in the south.
● Rain and mud slows some journeys to a crawl.
● The new yam festival in August in Igbo territories.