When to Go
High Season (Dec–Apr)
- Prices increase by up to 25% in popular tourist spots.
- Make reservations in advance for beachside accommodations.
- Hot, sunny and dry conditions throughout the country.
- Rains ease throughout the Pacific but the Caribbean is still wet.
- Cool weather and green countryside make for the best trekking.
- Coffee harvesting energizes the northern region.
Low Season (May–Oct)
- Heavy rains make some roads in rural areas difficult to pass and mountain hiking trails slippery.
- The biggest swell on the Pacific side pulls a crowd to the best breaks.
- Advanced reservations are generally not necessary.