A woman from Fremantle, bitten by a tiger snake last month, has experienced rare delayed reaction symptoms after not being treated with anti-venom.
The woman was bitten on the leg but it was not until after she was released from hospital that she suffered from debilitating side effects including a swollen ankle, pain, kidney problems and loss of muscle. The woman is now being treated as a case study. Tiger snakes are dangerously venomous and are usually found in vegetation around wetlands in Australia. Read more: smh.com.au