A seven-year-old British boy has died after suffering a severe allergic reaction whilst on holiday with his family on Italy’s Amalfi Coast.

The Amalfi Coast.
The Amalfi Coast.

The family were travelling with a tour group which stopped at a restaurant in the hilltop town of Scala for lunch. It is thought that the boy’s mother tried to explain about his allergies, but that the waiter may not have fully understood. The boy ate half a bowl of pasta al pomodoro and then travelled by coach with the tour group to nearby Ravello. After arriving in the town he began to have difficulty breathing and went into anaphylactic shock. He was treated by a doctor on the scene and taken to hospital where he died three days later. Police are investigating. Read more: thelocal.it

Explore related stories