For travellers who only want the best hotel experiences, private jet lifestyle magazine Elite Traveler has released its list of the top 100 suites around the world.
In the 16th edition of its annual luxury suite guide, the magazine assesses accommodation in ten categories in order to find the best suites for travellers in areas such as: adventure, beaches, character, city, culture, family, gourmand, grand dames, new and relaxation. The list also sorts out the top ten most expensive suites, which can go as high as $80,000 per night. The most expensive suites on the list are:
- Royal Penthouse Suite at Hotel President Wilson, Geneva, Switzerland – $80,000 per night
- Maharajah Pavilion at Raj Palace, Jaipur, India – $65,000 per night
- Ty Warner Penthouse at Four Seasons, New York, USA – $50,000 per night
- Hilltop Villa at LaucaLa IsLand, Fiji – $45,000 per night
- Five-bedroom Terrace Suite at The Mark, New York, USA – $45,000 per night
- Penthouse Suite at Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel, Martinez, France – $41,930 per night
- Penthouse Suite at Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia, Italy – $41,177 per night
- Suite 5000 at Mandarin Oriental, New York, USA – $36,000 per night
- The two-story Sky Villa at Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas, USA – $35,000 per night
- The Royal Suite at Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Paris, France – $30,745 per night
Overall, the country with the most suites named in the magazine’s “Elite Collection” is the US, with 24 included. America was followed by the UK, which saw ten suites make the list, and France with nine.
If you’re less concerned about the price and more interested in the amazing amenities that come with a luxury hotel room, then Elite Traveler also has you covered. The list singles out hotels with some pretty nice perks, like the Penthouse Suite at Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez which includes a panoramic terrace, a Turkish bath and artwork by Picasso. Guests in the Royal Suite at The Lanesborough, London, are able to use the hotel’s chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce Phantom, while guests of the Opus Suite at The Berkeley in London can use a steamer trunk filled with vintage clothing from Christian Dior, Hermès and Chanel. Travellers staying at the Maharajah Pavilion at Raj Palace in Jaipur can visit its own museum displaying the throne of Maharajah Thakur Sahib.
See the full list of at the Elite Collection Top 100 Suites.