If you are planning to visit Ireland any time soon, you may be happy to learn that the top ten travel hacks for visiting the country on a budget have been revealed. Tourism Ireland has compiled a video that gives potential visitors some useful tips on how to save money, and explains what they can do for free during a visit to the island.
Called “Ten Top Travel Hacks for Ireland,” the video invites prospective visitors to come and explore the island of Ireland, while making the most of their money. Whether it’s travel deals, low-cost heritage sites and cultural experiences, free festivals or some simple ways to get the best food on a dime, this video shows how to enjoy Ireland without breaking the bank.
The travel hacks include:
1. National museums and galleries are free to enter.
2. Hundreds of Heritage Ireland sites are free to access on the first Wednesday of every month.
3. There are over 3000 free events to enjoy on Culture Night on 29 September.
4. If you explore the island on foot, you never know who or what you might meet and you can enjoy the views.
5. Choose early bird menus before 7pm and farmers’ markets for food on the go.
6. Experience once-in-a-lifetime moments. See the Northern Lights in Donegal or visit the locations where Star Wars and Game of Thrones are shot.
7. Catch a traditional music session for free in pubs around the country.
8. There are lots of free music, books and food festivals on offer.
9. Many attractions will offer discounts and visitor passes for students, families and seniors.
10. Most places in Ireland will offer free Wi-Fi so you can stay connected.