Information from G Adventures
Australia or New Zealand? Do both! There’s never been a better time to get a taste of the world Down Under, and on this adventure, you’ll do so via trains, canopy cable cars, and private yachts. There’ll be no lack of sights to see as you explore Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland, walk around iconic Uluru, visit Aboriginal villages, and explore ancient rain forests. Add in an overnight wilderness cruise and you’ve got yourself a trip that memories are made of.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Cairns Your Discover Moment: Franz Josef
- Private yacht sailing on the Sydney harbour and Sydney orientation walk
- Kuranda Scenic Railway to Queensland rainforest with canopy tour on a Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Aboriginal dreamtime walk through the Daintree Rainforest at Mossman Gorge
- Sunrise interpretive walk at Uluru
- Walk through the Valley of the Winds in Kata Tjuta
- Melbourne orientation walk and dinner on the historic Colonial tramcar restaurant
- Visit scenic Bridal Veil Falls
- Dinner cruise on Raglan harbour
- Visit a geothermal Maori village with a local guide
- Enjoy traditional Maori hangi feast and entertainment
- Orientation walk in Christchurch
- Ride the scenic TranzAlpine Train
- Queenstown gondola ride
- Wilderness day cruise (winter) or overnight wilderness cruise (summer) on Doubtful Sound
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Learn about aboriginal and maori myths and traditions with local experts
- Ride the rails on 2 historic trains
- Explore an ancient rainforest by foot and canopy cable car
- Revitalize yourself in geothermal pools
- Enjoy an overnight cruise through remote doubtful sound in search of wildlife
- Cover more ground with included internal flights
Day 1: Sydney Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Sydney Explore Sydney Harbour and walk to the iconic Opera House and the Rocks area. Enjoy an early lunch then board a sleek former America's Cup racing yacht for a thrilling sailing adventure on one of the world’s finest harbours.
Day 3: Sydney/Port Douglas Fly to Cairns then travel up the coastal road to Mossman Gorge. Take an interpretive walk with a local Aboriginal guide and learn about traditional ways of life and survival techniques in the Daintree Rainforest.
Day 4: Port Douglas On Day 4, opt to go snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef.
Day 5: Port Douglas/Cairns Return to Cairns, with free time to enjoy this tropical city.
Day 6: Cairns Take an excursion to the UNESCO-designated Queensland rainforest on the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway and explore the canopy on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
Day 7: Cairns/Uluru Catch a flight to Uluru and witness the incredible sunset with a glass of bubbly.
Day 8: Uluru Visit the Aboriginal Cultural Centre and take the informative Mala Walk around part of Uluru's base.
Day 9: Uluru/Alice Springs Enjoy another sunrise over Uluru, then take a walk in Kata Tjuta National Park and view the beautiful red-domed rock formations. Continue to Alice Springs for the night.
Day 10: Alice Springs/Melbourne Catch a flight and arrive in the afternoon. This evening, board the historic colonial tramcar diner for a fun meal while cruising around the city streets.
Day 11: Melbourne Enjoy a free day with option to explore the Great Ocean Road or the many wineries in the area.
Day 12: Melbourne/Auckland Fly to Auckland, New Zealand and enjoy an orientation walk with the CEO.
Day 13: Auckland Enjoy a free day with option to embark on a dolphin and whale watching boat excursion (seasonal) or explore the city.
Day 14: Auckland/Raglan Take the scenic route to an artsy beach town, visiting a working eco farm en route for lunch. In the afternoon, enjoy a cruise around Raglan harbour including a light afternoon snack. Free evening in Raglan. Opt to try bone carving with local Maori, surf lessons, stand-up paddleboard lessons, sea kayaking, or simply explore the arts and crafts shops.
Day 15: Raglan/Rotorua Enjoy breakfast and a free morning in Raglan. Drive to Rotorua, visiting scenic Bridal Veil Falls en route, and opt to enjoy a dip in the geothermal hot pools at the hotel. This evening visit Tamaki Maori Village to learn about local myths, and legends while dinning on traditional Hangi cuisine.
Day 16: Rotorua/Christchurch This morning visit Whakarewarewa, a Maori village with a local guide who explains the geothermal aspects of the region and enjoy a light lunch of corn cooked in a natural hot pool and a traditional hangi pie. Fly to Christchurch and take an orientation walk with the CEO.
Day 17: Christchurch/Franz Josef Enjoy one of the world’s great scenic train trips on the TranzAlpine Train to New Zealand's glacier region.
Day 18: Franz Josef Options are plentiful, choose from a helicopter hike, ice walking on the glacier, or soaking in the hot pools amongst the stunning scenery.
Day 19: Franz Josef/Queenstown Travel through the rugged rainforest along the west coast to Queenstown. Enjoy an evening gondola ride with spectacular views of the city and option to eat dinner at a skyline restaurant.
Day 20: Queenstown/Doubtful Sound Embark on an amazing wilderness cruise through Doubtful Sound with the chance to see dolphins, fur seals, birds and penguins and an option to kayak. We spend the night onboard in comfortable cabins with time to relax on deck, stargazing and enjoying some New Zealand wine.
Day 21: Doubtful Sound/Queenstown Cruise back to port, enjoying the stunning views then return to Queenstown for the final night.
Day 22: Queenstown Depart at any time.