Information from Viator
Join us on a luxury journey of discovery with this full-day combo tour from Tauranga. This tour is conducted in a small group mini van/bus 2017/18 vehicle with full UV protection tinted glass and dual air conditioning.Experience geysers, mud pools and steam vents with Maori culture! Not to forget the infamous Haka War dance. This is performed by one of Rotorua's leading Maori cultural performance groups. Encounter a strange landscape of sights, sounds and smells. Marvel at the way the Maori have tamed this land for there own purpose.Afterwards, visit a highly regarded restaurant for a two-course meal with tea or coffee included. Next the Polynesian Spa. An internationally acclaimed spa facility, so you can pamper yourself in hot mineral pools, Enjoy this unique lakefront thermal spa experience - offering a wonderful fusion of relaxing hot mineral spring bathing, spa therapies and picturesque views of Lake Rotorua.
• THIS IS A SMALL GROUP TOUR • ALL ENTRANCE FEES AND CULTURAL SHOW ARE INCLUDED • TWO COURSE LUNCH INCLUDING UNLIMITED TEAS AND COFFEEYour driver/guide will meet you in the morning at the port of Tauranga and take you along the beautiful coastline of Mount Maunganui in a small group mini van/bus. See kiwifruit orchards and lush countryside as you drive for around 75 minutes to Rotorua. Here you will experience the very best of Rotorua and stop at the Whakarewarewa Valley (with geysers, steam vents and mud pools).Your small group will have an official Maori guide in order to experience this fascinating tour of the valley intimately. See geysers, mud pools, and mineral springs, and learn about Maori culture while watching a traditional Maori cultural performance. Hear and experience the rhythmic chant of the Haka (traditional war performance). You are invited to share in their everyday life. Experience the sights, smells and observe first-hand a unique cultural way of living among geothermal wonders. Learn about a culture that is steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years. You'll also gain insight into the features of Maori carvings and structures which have deep cultural significance, and of course observe the legendary Pōhutu Geyser. This is the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere which can erupt to a height of 100 feet (30-meters) and as often as 20 times per day. Next you will be taken for a two-course lunch at one of Rotorua's highly regarded restaurants followed by tea or coffee (with a choice of menu).You will then move on to the next venue: the Polynesian Spa to unlock nature’s gift in Rotorua. The Polynesian Spa is a geothermal bathing and soul soothing retreat. Renowned for its healing waters and decadent therapies, discover why people have flocked to these waters since the 1800s.Here you can experience the private elite facilities of the Polynesian Spa’s geothermal hot mineral waters, which are sourced from two natural springs and feed into 28 hot mineral pools. The slightly acidic Priest Spring waters relieve tired muscles, aches and pains, while the alkaline waters of the Rachel Spring nourish the skin. You will be returned back to your ship in plenty of time after a decadent day of discovery and luxury pleasures.
- Official Maori guide for the Whakarewarewa geothermal valley
- Cultural show performance
- Two-course lunch with choice of menu followed with unlimited tea or coffee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by 2016/17 modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Cold bottled mineral water
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Polynesian Spa
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
What's not included