Information from Viator
The fascinating Te Anau caves system on the western shore of Lake Te Anau offers an underground adventure that charms visitors of all ages. This tour takes you to a mysterious underground world of rushing water before drifting in silent darkness beneath the luminous shimmer of thousands of glowworms.
Following a scenic cruise across Lake Te Anau to Cavern House. Upon arrival join an informative talk about the life cycle of the glow worms, the history of the caves, their development and operation.Next your friendly guide will take you on an exploration of the caves by path and small punt. Observe how the rushing water sculpts the rock formations, before gliding through silent darkness to the glowworm grotto. The delicate incandescence of thousands of tiny glowworms is a magical sight. Return to Te Anau by boat across the lake, reflecting on this amazing experience of nature.
- Lake cruise on Lake Te Anau
- Complimentary Tea & Coffee
- Entry/Admission - Te Anau Glowworm Caves
What's not included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Free drinks included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day