Information from Viator
Book this one-way ferry ride from Bluff to Stewart Island for a comfortable journey across Foveaux Strait on our modern catamarans. Visit Stewart Island, just one hour’s ferry ride from Bluff and New Zealand’s ultimate eco-tourism destination.
Zip across Foveaux Strait between Bluff and Stewart Island on our comfortable catamarans. Visit Stewart Island, just one hour’s ferry ride from Bluff and New Zealand’s ultimate eco-tourism destination. During the trip keep an eye out for wildlife – particularly seabirds such as Mollymawk (Albatross) and Titi which often follow the vessel. Our friendly staff provide informative commentary and point out highlights.Ferry crossings operate all year round. Distance covered is 40km (approx. 25 miles). Interpretation handouts and complimentary tea and coffee are available. All vessels are wheelchair accessible.Passengers are required to check-in to the Bluff or Stewart Island Visitor Terminals 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Check-in and boarding gates are closed 15 minutes before scheduled ferry departure times.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Interpretation handouts are available in English
What's not included
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Tour is wheelchair accessible