Information from Viator
• Departs 8.00am returns 12.00pm Daily (Allow 4 Hours) • Tour Available in English, Spanish and Mandarin Join us on a journey like no other, our fully equipped 4WD all-terrain vehicle can handle any conditions. Spend the morning on The Old Gold Trail to discover Central Otago’s rich history. Your driver will take you off road along rugged 4WD farm tracks to a traditional high country New Zealand farm. As you climb up the mountains, you will see stunning sights of Lake Dunstan. Our GPS headsets have in depth commentary and will provide you with stories hundreds of years old from early settlers and teach you about historic farming from this area. Sit back and relax as you drive through the Central Otago wine region and pass the Kawarau Gorge on your way to Old Cromwell Town. Wander the historic streets as the town is bought to life with your themed headsets available in English, Spanish and Mandarin.
Departs : 8am - Athol Street, Queenstown Come and join us in comfort on an adventure like no other, the old gold trail where you take in the rich historic exploits. We enter a private station (a large New Zealand high country farm) to tackle some rugged four wheel drive farm tracks, climbing the mountain side to take in amazing views of beautiful plateau overlooking Lake Dunstan! The trip covers New Zealand farming in the earlier days of New Zealand farming. Listen to the stories and interaction with early settlers a hundred years ago, a hard life in the past.A walk through Old Cromwell Town, themed GPS headsets bring the town back to life. ~ Back to Athol Street, Queenstown at 12pm.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Afternoon tea
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Transport by air-conditioned
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Multilingual Themed Headsets
- Plenty Photo Opportunities
What's not included