- People over 17 years arriving from Europe, Africa, America or Asia may bring in 1000 cigarettes, 2L of wine and 1L of other alcohol.
- People over 17 years arriving from Oceania (including Australia) may bring in 200 cigarettes, 2L of wine and 1L of other alcohol.
To verify the latest visa requirements, check the French government website for New Caledonia: www.nouvelle-caledonie.gouv.fr.
- EU, Canadian, US, Australian and NZ citizens are allowed entry into New Caledonia for three months without a visa.
- Some visitors, including citizens of Japan, are allowed entry for one month without a visa.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least three months longer than your intended stay and that you have an onward ticket.