Cour de Franc Pacifique (CFP)
- Hotel room 14,000 CFP
- Museum visit 400 CFP
- Bottle of beer 350 CFP
- Transport ticket 210 CFP
- The currency is the Pacific Franc (CFP), also used in French Polynesia and Wallis & Futuna.
- The 5% services tax is usually included in displayed prices.
- Most banks have ATMs that accept major credit cards.
- There are ATMs around Noumea and other major towns and villages – though some are only accessible during the bank’s business hours.
- Each of the Loyalty Islands and Île des Pins has at least one ATM.
- Credit cards are accepted by hotels, restaurants, large shops and airline offices in Noumea, but not at budget places outside the capital.
- There’s sometimes a surcharge.
- Don't expect to use them in too many places on the islands.
|New Zealand||NZ$1||75 CFP|
For current exchange rates see www.xe.com.
- Banks change money and travellers cheques.
- All major currencies are accepted, including US, Australian and New Zealand dollars, and euros.
- You can also change Vanuatu vatu.
A tip is always accepted but it is not common practice.