Information from G Adventures
There’s far more to Nepal than just trekking and climbing. If the thought of lacing up hiking boots isn’t for you, don’t fret – there are plenty of highlights to see that don’t involve clambering up cliffs. Learn more about Buddhist culture and history in Kathmandu and Pokhara, then immerse yourself in the great outdoors on a safari in Chitwan National Park. Take in the stunning views of the Himalayas and Annapurna mountain ranges from a monastery guesthouse and get to know the women of the SASANE Sisterhood of Survivors, a G Adventures-supported community project.
- Your G for Good Moment: Sisterhood of Survivors Project, Kathmandu Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Kathmandu city tour including Boudhanath Stupa
- Visit with lunch at the G Adventures-supported Sisterhood of Survivors Project
- Bhaktapur guided tour
- Tour in Patan Durbar Square
- Experience monastic life at Neydo Monastery
- Activities in Chitwan National Park including canoeing, cultural program, village walking tour and Jeep Safari
- Pokhara city tour including Sarangkot, boating in Phewa Lake and hike to World Peace Pagoda
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore in old kathmandu and bhaktapur city with an expert local guide
- Enjoy a local lunch at sisterhood of survivors (a g adventures supported project)
- Immerse in buddhist culture at a monastery guesthouse
- Search out tigers in chitwan national park
- Experience local tharu culture on a village walk.
Day 1: Kathmandu Arrive any time. Arrival transfer and welcome dinner are included.
Day 2: Kathmandu Spend the day exploring Kathmandu and the surrounding area. Highlights include Boudhanath Stupa, one of the world's largest Buddhist shrines, and the Royal City of Bhaktapur. Also, visit the Sisterhood of Survivors Project for lunch.
Day 3: Kathmandu/Pharping Opt to take a morning Everest experience flight. Explore Patan Durbar Square then drive to Pharping for an overnight stay at a Buddhist Monastery guesthouse. Learn about life in the monastery and opt to share a meal or meditate alongside the monks. Opt to walk or cycle the grounds and trails in the surrounding forest.
Day 4: Pharping/Kurintar Drive to Kurintar and our nature lodge on the banks of Trishuli River. Opt to enjoy nature walks, village visits, or whitewater rafting.
Day 5: Kurintar/Chitwan National Park Drive to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Chitwan National Park. Spend 2 nights enjoying cultural and wildlife excursions.
Day 6: Chitwan National Park Explore Chitwan National Park and the villages surrounding it. Enjoy a village walking tour, boating, nature walks, and a jeep safari in the park in search of Bengal tigers, rhinos, leopards, wild elephants, black bears, monkeys, and crocodiles.
Day 7: Chitwan National Park/Pokhara Drive across the mountains to beautiful Pokhara and immerse yourself in stunning views of the Himalayas.
Day 8: Pokhara Enjoy the early morning sunrise and mountain views from Sarangkot. Later, go boating in Phewa Lake and hike to the World Peace Pagoda. Opt to go paragliding or just explore on your own.
Day 9: Pokhara/Kathmandu Catch a flight back to the capital, Kathmandu.
Day 10: Kathmandu Depart at any time.