Information from Viator
What could be more thrilling than following in the footsteps of some of the world’s famous climbers? Let us take you on a classic journey into the beautiful Khumbu region and Sagamartha National Park.
The Everest Base Camp Trek is certainly a challenge, 12 days of walking, high altitudes, rocky tracks and some pretty steep inclines, but what an achievement to say you reached the base camp of the highest mountain in the world, especially as base camp is actually higher than a lot of mountains!After a breath taking flight to the mountain town of Lukla, your adventure begins. There are a million photo opportunities as you trek amidst the magical Himalayas, with spectacular views of Kwangde, Nuptse, Lhotse, Kangtega, Ama Dablam and Everest to name a few. The bustling Sherpa town of Namche Bazaar and the gateway to the high Himalaya is an impressive sight not to be missed, where the colorful homes and teahouses are strategically perched around the hillside. The approach to Tyangboche is something that will imprint on your mind for years to come as you gaze out to the ornate monastery amidst the most amazing panoramic mountain backdrop you will have ever set your eyes on.As the altitude increases, the landscape becomes more remote and you cannot help but wonder how the locals survive in such an environment, but that they do, following age-old traditions and living an uncomplicated life, undisturbed by the hustle and bustle that comes with a modern society.Upon reaching base camp, an inevitable sense of achievement will prevail as you sit amongst some snow-capped giants and rejoice in conquering this famous route. And if that was not enough, we take you to the height of 5545 meters, to the summit of Kala Patthar to witness Everest in all her glory, towering above the other glistening peaks of the Himalayas, giving you memories to last a lifetime.ItineraryDay 1: Pick up from hotel in Kathmandu and board a short flight to Lukla (2840m/9320ft)–Trek to Phakding (2610m/8560ft)–approximately three hoursDay 2 -3: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11290ft) - Approximately 6 hrs -AcclimatizationDay 4: Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12660ft) – Approximately five hoursDay 5-6: Trek to Dingboche (4360m/14300ft) – Approx. 5 hrs / AcclimatizationDay 7: Lobuche (4940m/16207ft) – Approx. 5 hrs.Day 8: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5300m/17400ft) - back to Gorak Shep (5170m/16961ft). Day 9: Hike up to Kalapattar (5545m/18192ft) then trek to Periche (4270m/14070ft) - Approx. 7 hours. Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11290ft) - 7 hours approximateDay 11: Namche to Lukla (2840m/9320ft) – Approx. 6 hrs.Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu airport, transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu city.
- Airport pick up and transfer by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Round trip flight fare from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Accommodation during the trek at teahouses mostly on twin sharing.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) on trek and breakfast only when you are in Kathmandu.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide during the trek along with applicable transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
- Trek permits.
- Government imposed applicable taxes.
What's not included
- International Airfare.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos. Visit your nearest embassy or contact us to check your eligibility for on arrival visa.
- Hotel, meals and any extra activity in Kathmandu.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation while trekking below 6000 meters.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Personal expenses (tea/coffee, phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, cold drinks, bottled and boiled water, hot shower etc)
- Tips for guide.
- Porter (available at extra cost)
- Any other item not mentioned in this brochure.
- Small-group tour
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Day 1: Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11290ft) - 7 hours approximate
Day 2: Day 11: Namche to Lukla (2840m/9320ft) – Approx. 6 hrs.
Day 3: Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu airport, transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu city.
Day 4: Day 1: Pick up from hotel in Kathmandu and board a short flight to Lukla (2840m/9320ft)–Trek to Phakding (2610m/8560ft)–approximately three hours Day 2 -3: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11290ft) - Approximately 6 hrs -Acclimatization
Day 5: Day 4: Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12660ft) – Approximately five hours Day 5-6: Trek to Dingboche (4360m/14300ft) – Approx. 5 hrs / Acclimatization
Day 6: Day 7: Lobuche (4940m/16207ft) – Approx. 5 hrs.
Day 7: Day 8: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5300m/17400ft) - back to Gorak Shep (5170m/16961ft).
Day 8: Day 9: Hike up to Kalapattar (5545m/18192ft) then trek to Periche (4270m/14070ft) - Approx. 7 hours.