Information from Viator
Enjoy a full day exploring the sights of Yangon. On this private tour you will visit all the important historical and cultural sites of Yangon, the largest city in the country. Yangon pulses with life from the local markets to the busy streets and the Buddhist pagodas which are central to the lives of most Burmese.
You’ll be greeted at your hotel by your guide in Yangon at 8am in the morning. The walking tour will start downtown and will include sights such as colonial-era buildings, colorful religious buildings and the glittering Sule Pagoda. A walk along these lively streets will reveal scenes of daily life with stalls selling a variety of snacks, fruits and dry goods and local residents gathering for cups of tea or rushing off to catch a bus to work.Then, we will stop for a lunch break at a local restaurant (at own account). After lunch, heading back to the center of the city, you will discover the 230ft (70-meter) long reclining Buddha at Kyauktatgyi Pagoda. This is an impressive site that also provides an opportunity to learn more about Buddhism, the predominate religion of Myanmar. Later in the day, stop at a tea shop to enjoy a cup of sweet, local tea and a variety of snacks. This afternoon tea break is a regular part of Myanmar life and a good chance to rub shoulders with the Yangon locals.We will then continue to Kandawgyi Park, a green oasis in the city center, before reaching the majestic Shwedagon Pagoda. Reaching 328ft (100 meters) in height, the gilded stupa is simply breathtaking. Shwedagon is also the most holy site in the country and local worshippers will be there saying their evening prayers or meditating as the sun sets, creating an unforgettable atmosphere. Our driver will transfer you back to your hotel after a wonderful experience.
- Meet-and-greet service at your hotel
- Professional English speaking guide
- Fare for all methods of public transportation used on this tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's not included
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Drinks during meal
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Tips for guides and driver
- Any other services/items not mentioned in inclusions
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local