Information from Viator
Delve inside Myanmar’s art scene on a fascinating gallery tour. Visit a selection of galleries, some of which are hidden away on side streets or in colonial buildings, and discover the variety of styles used in contemporary art. You'll also be able to explore the many diverse and fascinating sites of Yangon, making this a well-rounded experience.
You’ll be greeted at your hotel by your guide in Yangon at 9am in the morning and head to the art galleries (most galleries open after 10am). Depending on availability, there may be a chance to meet with some artists and discuss their background and thoughts about the growing art scene.After the tour at the galleries, we will stop for lunch at a local restaurant. Then, heading back to the centre of city, discover the around 230 ft (70-meter) long reclining Buddha at Kyauktatgyi Pagoda, an impressive site that also provides an opportunity to learn more about Buddhism, the predominate religion of Myanmar. Later in the day, stop at a tea shop to enjoy a cup of sweet, local tea and a variety of snacks. This afternoon tea break is a regular part of Myanmar life and a good chance to rub shoulders with the Yangon locals.Continue to Kandawgyi Park, a green oasis in the city centre, before reaching the majestic Shwedagon Pagoda. Reaching 328ft (100 metres) in height, the gilded stupa is simply breathtaking. Shwedagon is also the most holy site in the country and local worshippers will be there saying their evening prayers or meditating as the sun sets, creating an unforgettable atmosphere.Our driver will transfer you back to your hotel after a wonderful experience.
- Meet-and-greet service at your hotel
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Professional English speaking guide
- Fare for all methods of public transportation used on this tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's not included
- Drinks during meal
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Tips for guides and driver
- Any other services/items not mentioned in inclusions
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local