When to Go
High Season (Dec–Feb)
- The rainy season is over and it's not so hot.
- Book accommodation and transport well ahead for this busy travel season.
Shoulder (Oct & Nov, Mar & Apr)
- March to May, Yangon often reaches 104ºF (40ºC). Areas around Bagan and Mandalay are hotter.
- It's cooler in the hill towns of Shan State.
- All forms of transport are booked solid during Thingyan in April.
Low Season (May–Sep)
- The southwest monsoon starts mid-May and peaks from July to September.
- The dry zone between Mandalay and Pyay gets the least rain. Rain can make roads impassable in the more remote areas.