Information from G Adventures
The winding streets of Morocco’s ancient medinas are bursting with so many colours and flavours that you’ll be planning a return visit soon after arrival. Explore the souks and streets of Marrakech and Fes, head to a luxury desert camp on an overnight 4x4 excursion, explore Atlas Mountains' villages and unwind on the coast in Essaouira. Travel is comfortable and well-paced, and our expert guide will be on hand to offer context and reveal its hidden gems. By focusing on the energy of the people, you'll discover the true treasures of Morocco.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mhaya Village Community Lunch, Meknès Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Djemaa el Fna Market Square Visit, Marrakech
- Arrival transfer
- G Adventures-supported traditional lunch
- Tour the city of Meknes and ruins at Volubilis
- Guided walking tour of Fes Medina
- Guided night walk of Djemaa el Fna square with local meal
- Explore Marrakech with a local guide
- Visit the ancient kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou
- Sahara Desert excursion by 4x4 with overnight in a luxury desert camp
- Explore the Draa region and visit local historical sites
- Visit Tafraoute and its market
- Walk through a Palm Valley with lunch in a local home and visit a women's cooperative
- Explore Essaouira
- Visit Menara Gardens and the Jardin Majorelle
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Visit a women's co-op and enjoy a local lunch
- Watch storytellers and snake charmers at djemaa el fna square and enjoy a local meal
- Traverse the sahara desert by 4x4 and overnight in a luxury tented camp
- Walk through ancient medinas and souks to see artisans demonstrate their age-old skills
- Immerse yourself in culture with your expert local guide leading the way
Day 1: Casablanca Arrive at any time, arrival transfer included. Enjoy a welcome dinner.
Day 2: Casablanca/Fès Enjoy a G Adventures-supported traditional lunch before taking a guided tour of the imperial city of Meknes. Continue on to the ruins of Volubilis, the best-preserved Roman ruins in Morocco, before arriving in Fes.
Day 3: Fès Step back in time and embark on a walking tour of the UNESCO World Heritage-rated Fes medina. Explore winding lanes and alleys, visiting the many artisans, tanneries, and shops with an expert local guide.
Day 4: Fès/Marrakech Travel to Marrakech. In the evening, experience all the colour and chaos of the famous Djemaa el Fna square. Watch storytellers and acrobats, while enjoying a simple and delicious local meal at a market food stall.
Day 5: Marrakech In the morning, take a historical tour of the city, including the Bahia Palace and Saadian Tombs. Afternoon is free to explore the souks and sites of Marrakech.
Day 6: Marrakech/Aït Ben Haddou Travel to Aït Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the Atlas Mountains, and explore this ancient kasbah village.
Day 7: Aït Ben Haddou/Erg Chigaga Travel through the Draa Valley to Zagora and embark on 4x4s into the desert. Stop at Tamegroute to visit the library of ancient Islamic texts and local pottery makers. Continue off road to the great dunes of Erg Chegaga to stay at a deluxe desert camp. Opt to take a camel ride or to climb to the top of the dunes for views of the vast Sahara. Enjoy a traditional dinner under the stars.
Day 8: Erg Chigaga/Zagora Cross the desert back to Zagora and enjoy a talk on the history of the Draa region, and visit local historical sites.
Day 9: Zagora/Taroudant Head towards the Anti-Atlas region to the carpet towns of Tazenakht and Taliouine, where saffron is harvested. In Taroudant, visit the famed leather tanneries and local markets.
Day 10: Taroudant/Tafraout Enter the Anti-Atlas region to view natural rock formations. In the afternoon, explore the town centre and its local markets.
Day 11: Tafraout Visit Aït Mansour Gorge, the Painted Rocks, and the Chapeau du Napoleon. Walk through a palm valley and have lunch in a local village house. Visit a women's cooperative that produces handicrafts and argan oil.
Day 12: Tafraout/Essaouira Travel to the Atlantic Coast to the port town of Essaouira. Head down to the port to see the fishing fleet unload their catch and discover the local artisans and woodworkers. Option to go sailing or visit a hammam (traditional spa and steam baths).
Day 13: Essaouira Enjoy a full day at leisure in this coastal city and don't miss the colourful and lively spectacle of the return of the boats to the port with their baskets full of fish. Opt to head up to the ramparts on the old city wall for a great view over the city and out to sea. Browse the shops and art galleries or take a stroll along the long, sandy beach. This is the perfect place to unwind and relax with a cold beer or shisha pipe (waterpipe). The active might choose to take a surfing or windsurfing lesson, hire a fishing rod or just take a long walk on the beach.
Day 14: Essaouira/Marrakech Return to Marrakech and visit the Menara Gardens and the Jardin Majorelle. Enjoy a farewell dinner at a palace-style restaurant with local folkloric entertainment.
Day 15: Marrakech Depart at any time.