Information from Viator
Experience the history and drama of old Morocco on this day trip across the Atlas Mountains from Marrakech. Cross the Tizi-n-Tichka pass to reach Aït Benhaddou, a well-preserved kasbah and UNESCO World Heritage site. Continue to Ouarzazate, where movies including ‘Lawrence of Arabia,’ ‘Star Wars’ and 'Gladiator' have been filmed. Admire a panoramic view of the ancient Taourirt Kasbah. Throughout your tour, your guide will share stories about this fascinating region with a timeless feel.
This small-group tour is limited to 7 people for a more intimate experience.
After morning pickup from your Marrakech hotel or
riad (a traditional Moroccan house), travel in luxury in an air-conditioned 4x4 vehicle or minibus into the Atlas Mountains and cross the Tizi-n-Tichka pass at 7,415 feet (2,260 meters). As your small group makes its way toward the Sahara Desert along the old caravan route from Marrakech, your guide will share historical information and stories about this captivating area.
Arrive at Aït Benhaddou after a 3-hour drive and see its impressive and intricate kasbah, or castle, that is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Aït Benhaddou's well-preserved architecture appears in numerous films including
Jesus of Nazareth,
Star Wars and
Continue another 20 miles (33 km) to Ouarzazate, situated on the cusp of the magnificent Sahara Desert. This popular tourist town is home to Atlas Film Studios, the world’s largest film studio. Many famous movies, including
Lawrence of Arabia,
The Mummy, as well as episodes of the television show
Game of Thrones have been filmed here.
Pause for an included lunch at a local restaurant and savor a fantastic view of the ancient Taourirt Kasbah, a 300-room palace. Then, spend the afternoon exploring Atlas Film Studios.
Head back to Marrakech as the sun begins to slip toward the horizon and arrive at your hotel or riad at 7pm.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned minivan with an english speaking driver/guide
- Typical Breakfast (Coffee or mint tea + eggs omelet + olives + olive oil + local bread)
- Walking tour in the historical sight of Ait Ben Haddou kasbah
- Visit of Atlas Film Studio with local guide
- Drinks (Mineral water)
- All entrance fees included
- Local taxes
What's not included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide