Eastern Caribbean dollar (EC$), US dollars widely accepted
Budget: Less than US$100
- Double room in budget hotel: US$40–80
- Street-food snack: EC$10–20
- Bus ticket: EC$1.50–5
- Beer at local bar: EC$5
- Double room in midrange hotel: US$70–100
- Two-course dinner with wine: US$35
- Car rental: US$35
- Guided island tour: US$65
Top end: More than US$180
- Double room in top-end hotel: US$110
- Guided Exclusion Zone Tour: US$165
- Three-course dinner with wine: US$50
Prices on Montserrat are fixed.
There are ATMs at Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Montserrat in Brades; both dispense EC dollars 24/7. Few shops, hotels and restaurants accept credit cards.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Restaurants If the service charge is not automatically included in the bill, tip 10% to 15%; if it is, it's up to you to leave a small additional tip.
Taxi Tip 10% to 15% of the fare.