Information from Viator
Explore Ulaanbaatar with a private guide on a full-day sightseeing tour that hits all the highlights of Mongolian capital city. Visit the Gandan Buddhist Monastery, Chinggis square, the National Museum of Mongolia, Bogd Khan Palace Museum, and Zaisan Memorial etc. This busy day also includes a Mongolian-style lunch at famous a restaurant. If you would like to shop for cashmere or other local products, this can be accommodated by the private guide.
• Your private city sightseeing tour will start at 9am from your hotel/hostel in Ulaanbaatar. • Our first visit is Gandan Buddhist Monastery, which is Mongolia’s largest functioning Buddhist monastery including the Mongolian Buddhist University. The highlight of visiting to Gandan is 26-meter-high majestic gilded indoor statue of Megjid Janraisig. • Continue to visit Museum of Mongolian National History – the museum presents Mongolian history and culture from prehistoric times to the present day. • Lunch at "Modern Nomads" restaurant served by national food. Vegetarian option is available on request. • Visit Sukhbaatar square (Chinggis Square ) which is lies at the heart of the city surrounded by important buildings such as government palace, banks and theaters and post office. There is an equestrian statue of Sukhbaatar and a massive Bronze statue of Chinggis Khan with his four warriors in front of Parliament House. • Next, visit Bogd Khan Palace museum - the complex was a residence of 8th Bogd Javzandamba in 19th century, the head of Mongolian religion. The palace consists of seven Summer Prayer temples and the winter palace. • Afterwards, we will visit Zaisan Memorial Hill is located in the south side of Ulaanbaatar City, right beside the Bogd Khan Mountain having a best view of the city and surrounding hills. • Around 6 pm, you will be transferred back to the hotel/hostel or any location of your choice in the city.
- Private Ulaanbaatar full day sightseeing tour,
- English speaking private guide,
- Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off,
- Private transport,
- Lunch at "Modern Nomads" restaurant
- Complementary drink water during the tour,
- All service charge, local and Gov’t tax.
- Entry/Admission - Gandantegchenling Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Bogd Khaan Palace Museum of Mongolia
What's not included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver