Information from Viator
Take a full-day trip to Gorkhi-Terelj National Park from Ulaanbaatar, including a visit to Genghis Khan's Statue Complex, the biggest equestrian statue in the world at 131 feet (40 meters). Terelj National Park is one of the most visited and interesting national parks in Mongolia, known for its natural beauty, forested mountains, and interesting rock formations. With a guide, you'll have a chance to meet a local nomadic family who lives amid this the magnificent scenery, plus explore Turtle Rock and take a mild hike to Ariyabal meditation temple.
• Your private day trip starts with hotel pickup in Ulaanbaatar at 9am and drive for 2-hours to Terelj National Park which is one of the most visited national parks in Mongolia. You can see the extraordinary formation of rocks and stones; some of them look quite similar to turtles. On the way, stop at Ovoo – rock pile on the pass of high mountain; used in worship of religion. • Explore the Turtle Rock, the symbol of the park, and take advantage of the opportunity to go horseback riding, if you wish (own expense). • Enjoy a soft hiking to Ariyabal meditation temple, which sits at the top of the mountain, • Visit local nomad family, where you can experience nomadic way of life, • Lunch at the nomad family, • Horse riding is optional. Fee is around 8$ per person per hour. You can directly pay to the horse owner. • Afterwards, take a short drive to Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex, which is the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. Explore the complex, with its panoramic view from top of the statue. • Your day trip ends with the 1.5 to 2-hours drive back to the city and hotel drop-off.
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Private vehicle with experienced driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Ulaanbaatar
- Visit and Lunch at nomad family,
- Guide and driver's lunch
- All government and local taxes, fees
- Complementary drink water during the tour.
- Entry/Admission - Gorkhi-Terelj National Park
- Entry/Admission - Genghis Khan Statue Complex
What's not included
- Optional horseback riding (average fee is US$8 per person per hour)
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available