Budget: Less than €150
- Dorm bed: €20
- Double room in a budget hotel: €110
- Pasta, pizza, food from market: €15–25
- Bus or train tickets: €5.50
- Double room in a midrange hotel: €225
- Lunch and dinner in local restaurants: €25–50
- Admission to museums: €6–19
- Short taxi trip: €10
Top end: More than €300
- Double room in a top end hotel: €300
- Lunch and dinner in top restaurants: €50–100
Bargaining is not a part of Monaco's culture; customers are generally expected to pay the stated price.
Monaco's currency is the euro (€). ATMs, known by their French name distributeurs automatiques de billets, are widely available and are the cheapest and most convenient way of getting cash. Major international credit cards such as MasterCard and Visa are widely accepted; higher end shops, hotels and restaurants also take American Express.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
- Hotels Tip porters €1 to €2 per bag, housekeepers up to €5 at your discretion.
- Restaurants No tip required (service included in bill); customers may tip an extra 5% to 10% in recognition of good service.
- Bars No tip required; round bill up slightly in appreciation of good service.
- Taxis No tip required.