- Duty free export or import of up to 200 cigarettes and 2L of wine and/or spirits.
- Permission needed to export 'objects of cultural heritage'.
- Declare foreign currency in excess of €10,000 upon entry or exit.
If entering Moldova through Transdniestr, you may have to get your passport stamped when you get to Chişinău.
None for European countries, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, but required for South Africa and many other countries.
- Maximum stay for visa-free countries is 90 days within a six-month period.
- For South Africans (and some others), visa on arrival is available at Chişinău International Airport and at the following land border crossings with Romania: Sculeni/Sculeni; Leuşeni/Albiţa; Oancea/Cahul.
- South Africans and others who require visas also require proof of accommodation, an onward ticket and valid medical insurance covering Moldova.
- Visa on arrival not available if arriving by train.
- Visa restrictions loosened for Wine Festival (first weekend in October).
- See the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (www.mfa.gov.md) for updated visa information.