Information from Viator
Uncover the mysteries of the Yucatan as you explore two significant archeological sites with a local guide – Kabah and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Uxmal. Learn about the Puuc architectural styles of the ancient Maya at spectacular pyramids and buildings such as the Pyramid of the Magician, the Governor's Palace, the Palace of Chaac Masks and the Arch of Kabah. Stop by Hacienda Uxmal Hotel for lunch and some free time at the swimming pool before return transport to Merida!
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productStop At: Zona Arqueologica Uxmal, Uxmal, Yucatan PeninsulaYour first stop will be Uxmal, known to many by way of legend, myth or anecdote. It is situated within a series of hills known as the Puuc or "mountainous area" in Maya. The name was later given to describe the architectural style of the region, such as the colossal Magicians Pyramid, impressive Governor´s Palace, intricate Dove´s Temple and Grand Nuns Quadrangle. The archaeological structures and buildings located throughout Uxmal are ornamented with geometrical figures and masks of the rain god, Chaac. The rain god was considered by the Maya people as one of the most important of their deities. Have lunch at either the beautiful Hacienda Uxmal or in the gardens of the Lodge of Uxmal surrounded by unique Maya Palapas. Next, visit Kabah, a Puuc-style city that flourished around the year 800 AD. Kabah is known as the second largest religious center in the Puuc-style. (Puuc is the Mayan name given to a series of low-lying hills with a unique culture and style.) After sightseeing, enjoy the beautiful pool and gardens of the Hacienda Uxmal Hotel. We will depart at 4:00 pm from Uxmal in order to be in Merida around 5:00 pm.IMPORTANT: This tour includes entrance to Uxmal & Kabah only if booking for March and April (2019). Please note if you booking from May 1st the tour includes Mayan Planetarium and doesn’t include Choco Story Museum.Duration: 9 hours
- Transportation from meeting point in Merida
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Free use of The Lodge at Uxmal facilities: swimming pool, towel, lounge chairs.
- Lunch at Historic Hacienda Uxmal
- Free access to Uxmal’s First Explorers Gallery located at the main house of the Hotel Hacienda Uxmal, favorite of royalty and dignitaries
What's not included
- Meals and beverages not mentioned before.
- Gratuities and optional activities.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fees to archeological site Uxmal and Kabah
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Uxmal
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included