- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
We are trying to squeeze in a visit to Taxco at the end of our upcoming trip. Our flight leaves at 4:50 pm. I have checked the ADO schedule and there is a bus scheduled to leave Taxco at 10:05 am for 'Mexico DF Taxqueña', taking 2:35 hr. I assume we can get an Uber or taxi from there to the airport. Are ADO schedules reliable? Am I cutting it too close?
First time traveler here. I'm planning a trip to Mexico / Guatemala in late May through to early June. I'm planning on flying into Cancun, and then going along this route:
San Cristobal de las Casas
Since the time I'm going is low season, I'm wondering how easy it will be to find tour guides or something similar at each of these locations? Are they readily available or will it require some planning ahead? Any help much appreciated!
I just finished this journey and thought it might be helpful to share the experience with others.
My friends live on Caye Caulker and I wanted to take a couple days to see them. Many people recommend the boat ride from Chetumal to San Pedro to Caye Caulker. I understand this costs around $55 US on top of the expense of getting to Chetumal. And the boar reached Caye Caulker late in the evening, generally after 8:00 pm from what I have read.
My intent was to go early and arrive early…
I'm looking to stay in Mexico City for 3 months. I will be able to work remotely.
I have experience living in Libertad and Playas in Tijuana.
What neighborhoods are recommended in CDMX? I don't need to be in Condesa or Polanco, a middle-class area is fine with me.
I am looking to spend $250-500 USD on rent.
I would like Metro access.
Decent street food and cheaper restaurants.
Easy access to Sorina Hiber or Walmart.
I stayed in Montezuma recently by the airport and enjoyed the…
Me and some friends are planning a trip to Mexico. We have two potential trip timings and are trying to work out which is better in terms of weather, but have been hearing conflicting info.
We want to start in Mexico City then work our way down (probably overland) to Tulum over three weeks. We could either go:
July 29 - August 22
August 29 to September 19
I'm aware this time of year is quite hot and potentially wet too. But which of these two timings would ultimately be more…
What should I do? Not opposed to driving 2 to 3 hours away for day trips looked up Pueblo also Teotihucan also Taxco and the hot springs in the Hildalgo state would like to go to Oaxaca but I feel like there's not enough time to do that at nine days not being in a bus or 6 hours at a time any help would be helpful. Will be traveling with 3 others and will be taking the buses most places and cabs. Once again thanks for all your help.
Me and my partner are flying into Mexico City next week and are currently figuring out our itinerary. We need to be in LA as our final stop, flights leaving from Cancun/Guatemala City seem to be the most economical.
We both love the outdoors, good food, culture and try to avoid the super-touristy resorts where possible. Having a search on the forum, I found an itinerary that may suit, however, i'm unsure if we should try and squeeze Guatemala in.
Day 1-3 : Mexico City
Day 3-4: Puebla