Budget: Less than M$800
- Hostel dorm bed: M$160–280; double room in budget hotel: M$300–650
- Comida corrida (fixed-price lunch) in low-budget restaurant: M$60–90
- 2hr (150km) bus trip: M$200–230
- Double room in midrange hotel: M$700–1500
- Two-course meal with drinks: M$400–600
- Museum admission: M$10–70
- City taxi ride: M$35–65
- Hiking/rafting/mountain-biking day trip M$900–2000
Top End: More than M$2500
- Double room in top-end hotel: M$1600–5000
- Dinner with drinks: over M$600
- Personalized day tour: M$1500–2000
- 1-tank dive: M$1700–2200
It's worth asking if a discount is available on room rates, especially if it's low season or you're staying more than two nights. In markets some haggling is expected. Unmetered taxis will often shave some pesos off the initial asking price.
You can use the ATM at Banamex, a block east of the plaza on the main drag.