- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Hi, I'm in Mexico City now and having difficulty finding the free or cheap classical music one assumes to find in a city this huge. Organ recitals in churches? Student recitals? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Also, Poetry readings, theatre are of interest.
Thanks in advance.
How much time do people generally spend at Edzna? If I left Campeche after breakfast and took colectivos to the ruins and back, would I be able to catch a ~1-130pm departure from the Campeche ADO terminal?
Also, can one still climb the major pyramid at Coba?
Hi, would someone tell me which metro goes to Mexico City International Airport?
For some reason I can't figure it out. Last time I was in Mexico City, 4 years ago, I remember taking the metro directly to the airport, was the metro closed? I think it was the station Terminal Aerea...
When we arrived a couple of weeks ago we had to take a bus to Pantitlan station...
My name is Gabriel and I'll be travelling to the beautiful city of Guadalajara this weekend, from April 20 to April 22.
Does anybody from this forum live in the city or be around the city and would like to meet new people?
If you are interested, please text me on my e-mail.
Contact details removed, please use Private Messages
edited by: andreas_at_lp
I have just returned from a brief visit to Bajio and our annual trip to Sierra Gorda/Xilitla. I have previously posted a lot of details on Sierra Gorda/ Xilitla travels - you can follow two main links from this post for detailed info. The notes below are in form of an update, e.g. I will not be repeating info I have previously posted. Hope it will be of help/interest to fellow travelers.
1 ) The new thing I did in Sierra Gorda was a one-way hike from Mirador de Quatro Pallos to…
I'm going to Mexico from the 18th of May till the 8th of June this year. I'm searching for any hikes/ climbs I can do in 2 days ( with night camping ). Anything hard is welcomed as I've climbed several mountains already (Mount Rinjani, Mount Kinabalu, ... ), I'm really interested in a jungle hike as well as a mountain one, so any suggestion is more than welcomed!
On the way from Valladolid we would like to visit Chichen Itza, Izamal, Merida and Uxmal.
So that we do not drive some routes twice here my question:
Is there a bus service from Chichen Itza to Izamal and Uxmal to Campeche? Find nothing at ADO!
Or should I visit Izamal and Uxmal at best from Merida?
Thank you for your help!
Hi! Does anyone know of a Spanish language course in Querétaro that is cheap? I've searched online and have discovered Olé school, but it seems good, but quite expensive. I've heard that there are places that exist that aren't advertised online that are cheaper and just as good. But where to find them, I don't know... has anyone had any experience finding Spanish language schools in Querétaro, and if so, can you recommend any? Thank you! :)