When to Go
High Season (Dec–Apr)
- The driest months across most of Mexico, bringing winter escapees from colder countries.
- Christmas and Easter are Mexican holiday times, with transportation and coastal accommodations very busy.
Shoulder Season (Jul & Aug)
- Vacation time for many Mexicans and foreigners. Hot almost everywhere and very wet on the Pacific coast. Accommodations prices go up in some popular areas.
Low Season (May & Jun, Sep–Nov)
- May and June see peak temperatures in many areas.
- September is the heart of the hurricane season, which doesn't always bring hurricanes but does bring heavy rains on the Gulf and Pacific coasts.