- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Hopefully someone can give me some info. In July I'm traveling on Aeromar from Merida to Cancun to catch a flight to Europe.
I booked this flight late last year. Currently when you try to book this same route/date (or just about any other flight with Aeromar) past June 8th there is nothing available.
I called Aeromar and they stated that my ticket is still valid (of course it is) but they cannot guarantee future flights.
On Wikipedia (taken with a grain of salt) it said all services from…
The head of a Puebla gang of huachicoleros — or fuel thieves —was arrested yesterday in San Martín Texmelucan, and so was his tiger.
>>>>> also known as EL PELON, believed to head a gang called Las Villegas, is suspected of ties to the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG).
FYI, that area is very small and less time is needed to visit it. I changed my departure day for a tiny fee of $7.00 and later I wanted to change it again but the fee was higher $150.00. The maximum time would be 2 weeks. I stayed in the Cactus hostel in Los Cabos, Casa Esterito in La Paz and Posada San Martin in Laredo. The inter city bus service is good and reliable. The weather was very hot and it did not rain. I did not need my walking shoes, umbrella, sweater which I left stored behind in…
I wish to alert all of you to clip the bottom part of the document you fill in both sides prior to hand it to the immigration agent upon passing through immigration .I did not and had to pay $30.00 fee prior to depart. I explained the situation and I was exempted. Make sure you have it among your traveling documents prior to get to the airport.
Passed through there today and it appears that soon enough car traffic will no longer be able to just drive on in to Mexico without stopping, as has been the case at least in my experience for several years. In fact, I got the Aduana green light (which was never even there before) but was still waved over for inspection. From the looks of how the current construction is progressing so far, it appears there will be an entirely new immigration/customs facility at #2.
This is going to be my first trip to Mexico and I'll be in Tijuana the entire time.
I'd like to know anything about safety, health tips, great places to eat & what not to eat or drink, drinking (alcohol) & shop for gifts, and special historical attractions (if time permits).
I'll be working on a large music festival and doing some TV & CD Recording mostly right on the Tijuana/San Diego border. Any insights are greatly appreciated.
On a wedding-planning trip, a couple from the USA arrives in Mexico City earlier this month ... rents a car ... and reports being kidnapped southeast of Chalco (in the state of Mexico).
"The couple rented a car from an American company in Mexico City and had been on the road for about an hour when another vehicle rear-ended them. When Frank got out to talk to the driver, two men with weapons descended upon them and took them hostage in their car, according to a police report filed with…