Mexican peso (M$)
Budget: Less than M$1000
- Dorm bed: M$150–300
- Double room in budget hotel: M$400–800
- Street eats or economical set menu: M$20–80
- City bus: M$4–12
- Double room in comfortable hotel: M$600–1500
- Lunch or dinner in restaurant: M$80–240
- Short taxi trip: M$20–50
- Sightseeing, activities: M$100–250
Top End: More than M$1500
- Double room in upscale hotel: from M$1500
- Dining in fine restaurant: M$250–800
- Car rental including liability insurance: from M$650 per day
- Tours: M$1000–2500
Most stores have set prices. You can do some friendly haggling in some arts and crafts markets, but don't get carried away – most of the artisans are just trying to make a living. Some hotels are willing to negotiate rates with walk-ins, especially during low season.
Campeche has numerous banks with ATMs.
HSBC Bank Open Saturday.