- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
I am looking for a fun challenging hike to do in the region of Chiapas, Tabasco, Campeche or Yucatan for 2 to 3 days but can't manage to find any. Does anyone have any idea's?
I am looking for a place to sleep between Bacalar and Merida to divide the driving time. 4 hours for my kids would be too much. I can't seem to find an interesting place to stop in between. Anyone has suggestion?
After Meria we are going to Valladolid.
I’m currently in Palenque I want to get a bus to San Cristobal, I’ve heard that getting a night bus isn’t the safest option in the world as they can be prone to robberies, however it’s currently my only option as I don’t have a lot of time left on my travels. A lot of posts I’ve read on various forums have mixed reviews and a lot of them of them are outdated. Does anyone’s have any experience with this route at night in the last few months.
Some further information on the journey, it’s an OCC…
Always looking for new routes to/from the border, thus this brief trip report. Didn’t know much about Tula, Tamaulipas, until I zoomed in on Google Maps looking for a hotel, as it seemed about the halfway point to Monterrey. After the fact, I did see a rather comical 3 year old thread about Tula here on TT. I was surprised to see it was a Pueblo Magico, so we opted to stop there for a night. To get there, I took the turnoff of off 57 through Guadalcazar instead of the Matehuala/Tula cuota…
I found this while researching a couple trips through Northern Mexico. I've been on number of these roads, most on purpose, a couple by accident. Perhaps a good resource for those that drive in Mexico (or elsewhere in the world) or like to take off the beaten path scenic routes. There are a few in Nuevo Leon that are quite spectacular.
The World Cup 2018 has started with host Russia defeating Saudi Arabia this morning. Mexico plays their first game on Sunday Jun. 17 at 11 AM (Eastern) against Germany at Luzhniki Stadium. The website I saw says Germany has a 63% chance of winning, 22% chance of drawing, and 22% chance of losing to Mexico.
Second game is Saturday Jun. 23 at 11 AM against South Korea at Rostov Arena. Here the odds favour Mexico with a 52% chance of winning, 26% chance of drawing, and 22% chance of losing.
I will be transiting through Mexico City International on my way to Lima and on my way back from San Jose
Is it true that you go through a passport control when transiting Mexico, like in South Africa?
Also, I have a 7 hour layover on my way back from San Jose. Is this enough time to see some of central Mexico City?
Hi, I can't find recent information about this so hopefully someone can help. I'm wondering where do you get the chicken buses from Chetumal to Orange Walk or Belize City? Also around what time are the last buses? I've seen conflicting information that the buses don't leave from Nuevo Mercado anymore and leave form the old ADO terminal but I can't see anything definite. Any information appreciated!