Information from Viator
Between March 20-22, participate in a special spring equinox tour of Chichen Itza. During this daylong cultural experience, see the representaional descent of the Kukulcan God through the effects of light and shade designed by the Mayans thousands of years ago. Learn about the Grand Mayan Calendar and the main buildings like the Kukulcan Temple before visiting a traditional Maya village and the colonial town of Valladolid. Breakfast, lunch, all transport, and a visit to a 'cenote' are included.
After a 7am pickup from your Cancun hotel, board a bus headed for the ancient Maya city of Chichen Itza. Enjoy a boxed breakfast and unlimited drinks from the open bar during the 2-hour journey. During a guided tour of the archaeological site, witness a representaional descent of the Kukulcan God through the temples and pyramids; created by the effects of light and shade designed by the Mayas thousands of years ago. Learn about the main buildings like the Kukulcan Temple from a certified guide, who will give you a thorough explanation about the ancient Maya culture, its government, religion, rituals, calendar, and more. After visiting Chichen Itza, travel to a cenote for a refreshing swim. Cenotes are natural sinkholes resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes fresh water underneath; they were considered a portal to the underworld and were also the only source of water in the Maya world. Cool off in the lush surroundings and enjoy a buffet lunch of traditional regional dishes. Be sure to try the cochinita pibil; a slow-roasted pork dish of Mayan origin.Your tour ends when you are dropped off at your hotel around 7pm. Please note: This tour is only available March 20-March 22.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Continental breakfast box
- Open bar on board (soft drinks, beer, water)
- Professional & certified guide
- Traditional and regional lunch buffet + 2 drinks during the lunch
- Mayan purification ceremony
- Fresh towels after the Mayan ruins visit
- Visit to a Mayan Village "Aldea Maya"
- Visit to "Pueblo Magico" of Valladolid
- Equinox experience
- Entry/Admission - Chichen Itza
What's not included
- Personal expense
- Video cameras are allowed for an extra fee
- Seasonal Offer
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Breakfast included
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included