Travel with Children
Despite a dearth of child-friendly sights and activities, the Mediterranean is a great place to travel with children. Kids are universally adored and are welcome just about everywhere.
- You should have no problems finding baby food, formulas or disposable nappies.
- Remember that shop opening hours might be different from those at home, so if you run out of nappies on Saturday afternoon you could be in for a messy weekend.
- Most car-rental firms have safety seats for hire at a nominal cost, but it's essential you book them in advance. The same goes for high chairs and cots – they're available in most restaurants and hotels, but numbers will be limited.
- Don't overdo it on the beach – the Mediterranean sun is strong and sunburn is a risk, particularly in the first couple of days.
- For more information, see Lonely Planet's Travel with Children, or check out TravelWithYourKids (www.travelwithyourkids.com) or Family Travel Network (www.familytravelnetwork.com).