When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Hot, sunny days and packed beaches.
- Peak rates in coastal areas; inland cities may have discounts in August.
- High season also during ski season (December to late March), Christmas, New Year and Easter.
Shoulder (Apr–May & Sep–Oct)
- Sunny spring days in April and May; September is still hot enough for the beach.
- Crowds and high prices in many cities; more space and lower prices on the coast.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- The coldest and wettest time of the year with snow in mountainous areas.
- Prices are at their lowest.
- Many coastal resorts shut up for the winter.