What to Take
- Travel insurance – make sure it covers any activities you might be doing.
- Driving licence and, if necessary, International Driving Permit.
* Photocopies of all important documents – so you're covered in case of theft.
- Plug adaptor, power transformer and mobile-phone recharger – so you can stay connected.
- Smart set of clothes – for that 'oh so chic' French restaurant.
- Sandals or thongs – for showers and pebbly beaches.
- Hat and shades – lifesavers when it's 35°C in the shade.
- Rain gear – it does rain in the Med, in some months a lot.
- Insect repellent – don't let the mosquitoes get to you.
- Bottle opener – picnics are much better when you can open the wine.