High Season (Dec–Feb)
- Extremely humid; temperatures between 25°C and 33°C (5°C cooler in the interior).
- Peak cyclone months are January and February.
- Christmas–New Year causes spike in prices.
- December is among the best months for diving and snorkelling.
Shoulder (Mar, Apr, Oct & Nov)
- Visitor numbers fewer but temperatures still high.
- Cyclones rare but possible into April.
- Best months for diving visibility include October, November, March and April.
- Accommodation prices slightly lower than high season.
Low Season (May–Sep)
- Cooler temperatures of 18°C to 25°C but still tropical.
- The worst months for diving and snorkelling.
- Spikes in European (particularly French) school holidays push prices up and availability down.