Budget: Less than €120
- Budget hotel room: €40–60
- Simple meal: €10–15
- Bus tickets: €4
- Admission to museums: €5–10
- Double room in a midrange hotel: €60–100
- Meal in a local restaurant: €20–30
- A single dive €40
- Economy car hire: €40
Top End: More than €250
- Double room in a top-end hotel: €150–200
- Meal in a smart restaurant: €30–60
- Admission to historic sights: €8–15
- SUV hire: €100
Bargaining is not really normal anywhere in Martinique, except perhaps at arts-and-crafts markets aimed at tourists.
Martinique uses the euro. Hotels, restaurants and car rental agencies accept most credit and debit cards. ATMs are common across the island and it's no problem accessing money with international cards.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Tipping is not normally expected in Martinique, though it's polite to round up your bill to the nearest euro, and to give a tip for any exceptional service.