Maldivian resorts all have at least one shop selling a few basics, souvenirs and presents. Smarter resorts will have several boutiques and maybe even a jewellery shop to cater for newly engaged couples. Nowhere is the selection particularly good, and you'll pay massive mark ups on everything, so it's hard to recommend resort shopping. Many inhabited islands, however, have lots of good value souvenirs and handicrafts for sale.
- Maafushi You'll have to get past the tat, but there are some good handicrafts on sale.
- Mathiveri This traditional island has lots of small souvenir shops.
- Dhigurah The main street of this island is lined with little craft shops that offer a good choice.
- Thulusdhoo Lots of little souvenir shops can be found on this busy surfing island.
- Mahibadhoo Friendly Mahibadhoo produces lots of coconut goods, including coconut soap.