Malaysia in detail
- Shoes Before entering homes or places of worship such as mosques and temples, shoes should always be removed.
- Visiting mosques Most mosques provide robes and scarves for covering up – women should cover their heads, shoulders and legs; men should also cover their legs.
- Photography Ask permission before taking photographs at places of worship.
- Pointing Avoid using the forefinger to point; instead use the thumb with the four fingers folded under.
- Public shows of affection Avoid touching anyone of the opposite sex in public.
- Hands Use your right hand to eat, pass things and touch people.